Position Title: Senior Validation Software Engineer
Reporting to: Validation Engineering Manager
Ambiq Micro is a fabless semiconductor company based in Austin, TX developing the world’s most energy efficient integrated circuits for electronic devices with multi-month, multi-year, and multi-decade battery lives. Using technology originally invented by leading low power circuit researchers at the University of Michigan, Ambiq is developing a series of ultra-low power products on the Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform. The company’s first product is the world’s most energy-efficient real-time clock and has gained significant customer traction to date. The company’s next product will be the first in a line of ultra-low power ARM Cortex-based microcontrollers. Key markets include wearables, smart cards, wireless sensors, watches, medical devices, and a wide variety of other wireless devices. Ambiq has adopted a customer-focused approach and will evolve its product line according to the needs of customers seeking to develop smaller, less expensive products with longer battery life.
The Ambiq team includes low power experts and industry veterans and is growing quickly. New team members will join an evolving and exciting environment that values technology-based innovation, adaptation, and, above all, an enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Senior Validation Software Engineer position involves the design, development, and operation of system software used to validate and characterize Ambiq Micro MCU products and associated system components. This includes developing and/or integration of software tools for custom validation hardware, power profiling, device specific characterization, MCU control and monitoring, and data collection and analysis.
Product validation and device characterization ensures the product meets design targets and will operate as intended in the end customer system under all specified operating conditions. The validation team collaborates with the software, systems, applications, and design teams to develop validation plans, provide inputs for product testability and characterization, and drives post silicon validation testing. It works with these teams to determine the requirements for system, product, and block level testing. It also works closely with the product test team to drive product level characterization requiring comprehensive data collection necessary to verify and correlate correct device functionality and to set product specification limits. Customer demonstration units may also be developed using the tools and systems developed by the validation team.
- Assist with defining the architecture and requirements of scalable automation and instrumentation software used for MCU silicon validation
- Lead the design, development, and test of host PC software for automated control of custom validation board hardware, lab instruments, and MCU silicon hardware
- Assist with the design, development, and test of embedded MCU firmware used for silicon validation
- Development of software drivers, algorithms, test scripts and code
- Create combined digital and analog validation software test suites
- Integration of command-line SW debugging tools into the validation test environment
- Assist with instrument setup and bring up of validation hardware systems
- Define and develop tools for validation test data logging, analysis, and presentation
- Development of interactive PC GUI application(s) for real-time display of data and manual control of validation hardware instruments
- Develop custom automated software functions and/or applications to assist the design, test, and applications teams with debugging of MCU hardware issues
- Software development of current monitoring, capturing, and profiling tools and applications
- Work with internal engineering teams to analyze and debug complex hardware and system level issues and develop software solutions
- BS/MS in EE with 4+ years of experience developing software to automate MCU silicon validation and/or related systems
- Experience architecting and developing software for automation systems that include a host PC, lab electrical equipment, and custom MCU silicon validation board hardware
- Experience developing and debugging PC software GUI applications for instrumentation control and monitoring.
- Experience developing complex, modular LabVIEW software highly desirable
- Experience developing C/C++ Host PC software applications and drivers
- Experience developing embedded MCU code in C and working with ARM MCU embedded software IDEs
- Logic development, test, and debugging of FPGAs and/or CPLDs
- Experience developing data logging, analysis, and report generation tools
- Experience working with MCUs that have a high level of both analog and digital integration
- Knowledge of ultra-low current measurement techniques is desirable
- Experience working hands-on in the lab with digital and analog electrical test equipment
- Experience with test and debug of power and analog board hardware
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to solve complex system level issues related to board level hardware and software integration, analog and digital hardware interactions, and low power management.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq Micro management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com