Reporting to: Product Engineering Manager
Ambiq Micro is a fabless semiconductor company based in Austin, TX developing the world’s most energy efficient integrated circuits for electronic devices with multi-month, multi-year, and multi-decade battery lives. Using technology originally invented by leading low power circuit researchers at the University of Michigan, Ambiq is developing a series of ultra-low power products on the Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform. The company’s first product is the world’s most energy-efficient real-time clock and has gained significant customer traction to date. The company’s next product will be the first in a line of ultra-low power ARM Cortex-based microcontrollers. Key markets include wearables, smart cards, wireless sensors, watches, medical devices, and a wide variety of other wireless devices. Ambiq has adopted a customer-focused approach and will evolve its product line according to the needs of customers seeking to develop smaller, less expensive products with longer battery life.
The Ambiq team includes low power experts and industry veterans and is growing quickly. New team members will join an evolving and exciting environment that values technology-based innovation, adaptation, and, above all, an enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
Scope and Responsibilities
Develops test strategies for ICs, including implementation of characterization, qualification and production test solutions. Improves yield and reduces costs while maintaining excellent product quality.
- Designs and develops automated test equipment and bench test solutions (hardware and software) for product characterization, qualification and production of highly integrated ICs.
- Qualifies new products for mass production.
- Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and exceed quality goals.
- Debug and analysis of returns
- Develops scripts for pattern generation.
- Achieves financial targets through yield analyses, test time reduction, and other creative techniques.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Other duties as required.
A technology-related bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and process control
- Hardware design knowledge
- Basic software development skills, including knowledge of C/C++, VisualBasic, and/or PERL
- Basic laboratory equipment skills
- Basic knowledge of IC design simulation tools
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation
- Written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience in Mixed-Signal ATE Techniques as well as direct experience in Semiconductor Manufacturing Test Processes.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a semiconductor environment preferably as a Test Engineer and/or Product Engineer.
- Must have experience on industry standard Automated Test Equipment – Teradyne IG-XL and LTX Unison platforms preferred
- Excellent communication skills as well as detail-oriented work ethic are required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and improved efficiencies.
- Strong understanding of ATE Test Programming principles.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq Micro management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Ambiq Micro does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.