Position Title: Senior Digital Designer
Reporting to: Digital Engineering Manager
Ambiq Micro is a fabless semiconductor company based in Austin, TX developing the world’s most energy efficient integrated circuits for electronic devices with multi-month, multi-year, and multi-decade battery lives. Using technology originally invented by leading low power circuit researchers at the University of Michigan, Ambiq is developing a series of ultra-low power products on the Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform. The company’s first product is the world’s most energy-efficient real-time clock and has gained significant customer traction to date. The company’s next product will be the first in a line of ultra-low power ARM Cortex-based microcontrollers. Key markets include wearables, smart cards, wireless sensors, watches, medical devices, and a wide variety of other wireless devices. Ambiq has adopted a customer-focused approach and will evolve its product line according to the needs of customers seeking to develop smaller, less expensive products with longer battery life.
The Ambiq team includes low power experts and industry veterans and is growing quickly. New team members will join an evolving and exciting environment that values technology-based innovation, adaptation, and, above all, an enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Senior Digital Designer role is a key member of the Digital Design Team, developing a family of ultra-low power ARM-based MCU SOCs. This position reports to the Digital Engineering Manager and is cross disciplinary, focusing on front end digital design. This role will have additional responsibilities in verification, validation and CAD design implementation. The Senior Digital Designer will interact with the Analog Design Team, Firmware Development Team and Production Test Team. The primary responsibility for this position is perform microarchitectual definition, RTL coding, logic debug and timing closure supporting verification and implementation for SOC modules in an ultra low power MCU SOC.
- Own and be responsible for microarchitecture and implementation for various MCU SOC modules on the chip
- Write maintainable low power RTL.
- Synthesis and Timing closure.
- Write design documents.
- Work with verification to verify correctness of your unit.
- Work with implementation to achieve timing, area, performance and power goals.
- Assist with top level timing closure.
- Assist in silicon validation.
The Senior Digital Designer should have experience in low power digital design techniques. Knowledge of low power clocking techniques amenable to synthesis, P&R and timing closure is important. This person should have experience with ARM based SOC development. Experience with mixed signal design and verification is a plus.
- BS/MS in ECE/EE and 10+ years of experience required.
- Extensive experience defining, implementing and testing SOC modules required.
- Successful track record working as a Digital Logic Designer on SOCs required.
- Experience working with and developing SOCs based on ARM processors required.
- Experience with ARM AMBA APB, AHB, AXI bus based SOCs required.
- Experience writing microarchitectural specifications required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with diverse technical teams required.
- Experience with both system and SOC level power management and low power design techniques.
- Experience in SOC level performance and power modeling and analysis desirable.
- Experience working hands-on in the lab.
- Excellent problem solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to HW/SW debug.
- Experience developing or working with FPGA emulation platforms desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq Micro management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ambiq Micro does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.