Position Title: Design Verification Engineer
Reporting to: Digital Engineering Manager
Ambiq Micro is a fabless semiconductor company based in Austin, TX developing the world’s most energy efficient integrated circuits for electronic devices with multi-month, multi-year, and multi-decade battery lives. Using technology originally invented by leading low power circuit researchers at the University of Michigan, Ambiq is developing a series of ultra-low power products on the Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform. The company’s first product is the world’s most energy-efficient real-time clock and has gained significant customer traction to date. The company’s next product will be the first in a line of ultra-low power ARM Cortex-based microcontrollers. Key markets include wearables, smart cards, wireless sensors, watches, medical devices, and a wide variety of other wireless devices. Ambiq has adopted a customer-focused approach and will evolve its product line according to the needs of customers seeking to develop smaller, less expensive products with longer battery life.
The Ambiq team includes low power experts and industry veterans and is growing quickly. New team members will join an evolving and exciting environment that values technology-based innovation, adaptation, and, above all, an enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Verification Engineer role is an important member of the Digital Design Team, developing a family of ultra-low power ARM-based MCU SOCs. This person will collaborate extensively with the Digital Design Team and interact with the Firmware Development Team, Analog Design Team and CAD implementation Team. The primary responsibility for this position is to verify aspects of the ultra-low power SOC products to achieve optimal pre-tapeout quality. This person will also own module level verification implementation for periphery designs within the SOC.
- Own and be responsible for pre-tapeout quality for digital SOC modules on the MCU
- Generation of verification test plans and proving correctness of the design
- Test bench development, execution and debug
- C-code test case implementation, checkers, monitors, scoreboards for achieving functional coverage, power and performance goals
- Collaborate with Design Team for achieving quality silicon as it relates to implementation tradeoffs and verification complexity
- Digital and mixed signal modeling
- Debugging simulations and driving closure of bugs
- Assist in silicon bring-up and validation
Education and Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 4 years of design verification experience required.
- Experience defining, implementing and verifying SOC modules required.
- Successful track record working in a Digital Verification Role is required.
- Experience working with and developing verification code on SOCs peripherals is required.
- Experience working with standards including ARM AMBA APB, AHB, AXI bus based SOCs is desirable.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with diverse technical teams required.
- Experience specifying, developing, managing and leveraging advanced verification capabilities (i.e, UVM, System Verilog, C/C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Unix scripting, formal verification, constrained random testing combined with assertion based verification, code and functional coverage) at the full-chip level is desirable.
- Experience in SOC level performance and power modeling and analysis is desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to HW/SW debug is required.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq Micro management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Ambiq Micro does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.