Position Title: Applications Engineer
Reporting to: Applications Engineering Manager
Ambiq Micro was founded in 2010 on the simple yet powerful notion that extremely low power semiconductors are the key to the future of electronics. Through the use of pioneering ultra-low power technology, we help innovative companies around the world develop differentiated solutions that reduce or eliminate the need for batteries, lower overall system power, and maximize industrial design flexibility. Ambiq Micro has developed breakthrough technology based on our patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT™) platform that dramatically reduces the amount of power consumed by semiconductors thus making our integrated circuits (ICs) an ideal solution for energy critical applications such as wearables and IoT.
Our Real Time Clock and MCU products are the world’s lowest power devices of their kind, both being based on Ambiq’s patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT™) platform. This innovative technology enables the ability to operate transistors at voltage levels that are far below what is considered “standard” by semiconductor industry standards. This results in solutions that go well beyond the incremental improvements in power consumption that other semiconductor devices have offered. The devices, which are manufactured in an industry-standard CMOS manufacturing process, are an ideal solution for battery-powered and other power-sensitive applications including Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable devices where energy savings translate into much longer battery life. These semiconductor components can also enable much smaller batteries to be used, allowing greater creativity in the design and form factor of the end products that utilize these innovative solutions.
Scope and Responsibilities
We are searching for an Applications Engineer who has the passion and excitement to grow, innovate and take an active role in working with our ultra-low power ARM based MCU’s to support customers as they select, evaluate, design and develop their products for production ramp. The environment is dynamic, fast paced and rewarding as we work to constantly improve and develop our products and support to drive innovation, ease of use and reduce our customer’s time to market.
You will work directly with customers on their product requirements, designs, schematic and PCB layout reviews, troubleshooting, training and provide in-depth technical responses to support questions.
You will be responsible for developing documentation, hardware including schematics and PCB layouts, application notes, user’s guides, training material and innovative solutions to continually evolve our customer support. Finally you will be working closely with cross-functional teams including Design, Validation, Systems, Marketing and peers in customer support roles worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical & Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience and hands-on knowledge of embedded systems or MCU’s
- Experienced in strong customer support and technical communication
- Strong problem solving, analytical and debugging skills
- Experienced in designing and reviewing power based hardware schematics and PCB layouts
- Hands-on experience with CAD tools
- Familiar with the use of all necessary lab equipment oscilloscope, power supplies, gain/phase analyzers, multi-meters, solder station, etc…
- Able to manage multiple projects and schedules and takes initiative to identify issues and execute solutions
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be organized, self-motivated and passionate about the work
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide technical support to customers during their product development cycles
- Write application notes, user’s guides, validation reports and other technical communication to improve the quality of our ultra-low power MCU solutions and support to our customers
- Review new product definitions with respect to application related issues
- Communicate regularly with relevant teams, people, and customers to continually improve our products and customer support
- Work with Design, Validation, Systems, Test and Marketing to successfully bring new products from initial concept to production.
- Design, development and debug evaluation boards and other boards as needed
- Review customer schematic and layout design, and solve customer problems
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq Micro management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ambiq Micro does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.